Using Google Chrome?

Download my
free Chrome Extension, Power Notes Searcher, to make searching for and evaluating SAP notes, much easier.

Recent Posts

Friday, May 11, 2012

IBM WebSphere IHS Plugin Hostname Cookies Conundrum

Print Friendly and PDF
Whilst attempting to set up IBM WebSphere with a remote IBM HTTP Server (IHS) using the WAS Plugin, I was hitting an issue whereby cookies would only be served to the client browser when accessing the IHS server using the real host name and not the DNS alias I had created.

After 2 days of trying different combinations of configuration, I finally found this article here:

The host name DNS alias I had created used underscores.
Whilst this is permitted in the system, it is not a valid host name accord to the IETF RFCs, and therefore no cookies are served/retrievable by the WebSphere application server.

In short, always use hyphens instead of underscores in your WAS or IHS DNS aliases.

No comments: